Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Poetic Take On Class

A mere three months ago, I declared myself a fairy
on our blog and assumed the space as a personal prairie
As I started to reveal the multiplicity of my true colors and self
I also discovered the cultures of others as if stacked on a shelf
Together, we undertook a variety of tasks
“What’s your favorite?” you might ask
I never thought placing an order might be so hard
Five pickles, fries, sauce, receipt- do not discard!
Faced with these instructions, all I could think about was Maslow’s human needs
How was I going to handle cashiers whose physiological needs were all they plead?
So, I forecasted my actions and made a contingency backup plan
I was sure that things would not go smoothly- Oh man!
Because I forced the cashier to make an non programmed decision
She had to deal with an order- something she had not envisioned
And oh, when the manager came, he gave the cashier such a look
It was clear he was a Theory X Manager who thought she was a crook
And when the manager took control because there was a “need for action”
I got my order without any sort of distraction
And as I walked out of McDonald’s with a smile on my face
I thought I would give that burger a taste
It was not the best of self management actions to do
And I won’t go into elaborating about how much it tasted like goo
But I will tell you,
My classmates, my crew
That it gives me satisfaction to know I was not alone in this quest
Which Professor Kurpis sent us on, let’s not forget
It was great to be a part of a team,
A decentralized communication network, it seems
So, I give my thanks as I take my leave
If you see me in the hallway, be not afraid to holler as many times need be

2 comments:

  1. You wrote a very nice poem. Especial I like a part, “My classmates, my crew.” Thus, huge part of managing is about ability to work well with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i really like your poem, great job!!!

    ReplyDelete