Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Path of the Blog

Having to maintain a blog was a first. I had never been asked to do this for any course before, but looking back, I can say that I’m highly pleased with the experience of keeping one. One of the aspects I liked best about keeping a blog was that it allowed students to connect with each other outside of class. Not only could I see a person’s face in class and listen to them talk, but I could also sit and read a bit more about them through their blog posts. The blog was a medium that allowed us to explore other students’ personality and beliefs more thoroughly, which I liked a lot. I was able to connect on a more in depth level with my peers than how I would have connected with them without the blog
On top of learning about our peers, I do think that the blogs facilitated learning about the management topics we covered when doing class activities. Not only did the class activities help make the topics interesting and fun, but the blogs helped keep that class activity and the topics in mind. It further engraved- for the best use of the word- the material in our heads.
I do think it might have been better if we had more blog topics about classes in which we didn’t have any sort of class activity. Perhaps, we could have wrote about something interesting we discussed in class. By doing so, not only could we have made the classes in which we did activities memorable but other classes as well.
Lastly, I liked the fact that the blogs gave us a chance to write freely. It’s not often that a lot of us get to sit down and just write nowadays. I appreciated the opportunity to express myself. In a way, outside of the course material, it gave me a doorway to let things go and explore new things I didn’t know about myself. My favorite post was the Vision post, which allowed me to really sit down, take a look at where I’ve been, where I am, and where I want to go, which is something I didn’t do before.
With all these experiences, what more can I ask for? I am grateful. Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. I also liked the fact that the blogs gave us a chance to writing freely and express ourselves. I agree that it might have been more interesting if we had more blog topics. On the other hand, college life can be so hectic that finding time to think thoroughly and write about more topics would take too much time. But, it is fair that we will get extra credit if we will write additional posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading an writing about the vision post too. Through that I really learned a little bit more about the person sitting next to me in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that we should have been given blog assignments to go along with our lectures as well because that would have helped remember the course material we learned outside of our in class activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. The blogs were overall a good experience and a new way of learning while being able to be ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though this wasn't my first time keeping up with blog entries, this was the first time actually having these kind of entries to post. Having such an informal opportunity to write so freely and say whatever we felt as though we couldn't say in class was a definite plus side to these posts, and aside from that, interpreting the lectures and activities the way we felt was best for ourselves really did facilitate learning each and every concept addressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blog is a good opportunity to express ourselves and learn more about each other. It is a good channel of communication. I sometimes like to read some entries that people post in their blogs because they are really remarkable. I also agree with you that the blog facilitates learning. The class lectures with class activities and the blog assignment increase the percentage of understanding management. I think we'll continue to keep our blog entries.

    ReplyDelete